Detrall Dearbone LCPC, LPC, LSOTP, LSOE, CADC, EMDR certified and Army veteran earned a Bachelor in Sociology and a Masters in Human Services with a concentration in Addictions. She is the owner of Dearbone Counseling Center, INC. She has 30 plus years working in Psychiatric Hospitals, State Mental Health Facilities, Department of Corrections, and Private Practice.
Kansas Behavioral Science Regulatory Board
Provider Number 20-001
This offering is a four-hour seminar. Attendees will examine how potentially traumatic events that occur in childhood (0-17 Years) have been linked to premature death, various health conditions, and lasting effects on mental health and well-being.
Adverse Childhood Experience (4 CEU’s)
Date: June 3, 2022, 9:00AM-1:15PM
Time: 9:00AM – 10:30AM
Instructor: Detrall Dearbone
- The attendee will be able to define trauma
- The attendee will be able to define Adverse Childhood Experience.
- Discussion on Adverse Childhood Experience questionnaire
- The attendee will be able to explain 10 things to know about Adverse Childhood experience.
- The attendee will be able to explain psychological abuse, child neglect, and domestic violence
Break 10:30AM -10:45AM
6. Attendee will be able to explain the most common adverse childhood experience.
7. The attendee will be able to explain how childhood trauma affects health across a lifetime
8. The attendee will be able to explain how trauma experiences happens inside children’s brains and bodies.
9. The attendee will be able to explain how to treat adverse childhood experience.
10. Attendee will be able to explain trauma-informed care Quiz and Evaluation: 1:15PM.
Your license number must be included in the “additional notes” section at check out to ensure proper CE credit.
Location: Online via Zoom
The link will be sent out one week prior to the start of the course.
In the event of a cancellation, fully registered participants will be scheduled into the next regularly occurring seminar offered by the Sand Dollar Learning Centers.
Certificates will be released upon successful completion of the class quiz and course evaluation.
A portion of all proceeds from our offerings goes to help support Starfish Project Foundation and all they do for our community.